PLEASE READ THESE USER TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING OUR APPLICATION AND/OR USING OUR WEBSITE.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The Company provides technology based services for booking taxis to you and you agree to obtain taxi services offered by
third party taxi providers, drivers or vehicle operators ("the Service Provider"). All the Services provided by the Company to
you by means of your use of the booking platform are hereinafter referred to as the "Service."
2. The Company shall take your booking request and forward it to the Service Provider through GPS-GPRS based device installed in the Taxi. The Service Provider shall have the sole discretion to accept or reject each request for taxi service. The Service Provider has discretion over whether to receive the booking request made by the Company. If the Service Provider accepts the booking request made by the Company, the GPS device installed in the Taxi notifies you and provides the information regarding the Service Provider including its name, contact number etc.
3. The Company shall made reasonable efforts to bring you in contact with the Service Provider in order to obtain taxi Service subject to availability of the Service Provider in or around your location at the time of your booking request made to the Company.
4. You warrant that the information you provide to the Company is accurate and complete. The Company is entitled to at all time verify the information that you have provided. You may only access the Service using the authorized means. It is your responsibility to check to ensure you download the correct mobile application for your device or visit the correct portal or dial-in the accurate call center number. The Company shall not be liable if you do not download the correct mobile application or visit the appropriate web portal or dial-in the correct call center number. The Company reserves the right to discontinue or introduce any of the modes of booking Taxi.
5. You will compensate and defend us fully against any claims or legal proceedings brought against us by any other person as a result of your breach of these Terms.
6. Please note that we are not responsible for the behavior, actions or inactions of drivers of taxis, quality of cab which you may use (through us or otherwise). Any Contract for the provision of taxi services is between you and the driver, not we and we simply provide a platform to introduce drivers and passengers.
7. By using the mobile Application of the Company, you further agree that:
a. You will download the Application for your sole, personal use and will not resell it to a third party;
b. You will not authorize others to use your account;
c. You will not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or legal entity;
d. You will not use an account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization;
e. You will not use the Application for unlawful purposes, including but not limited to sending or storing any unlawful material or for fraudulent purposes;
f. You will not use the Application to cause nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience;
g. You will not impair the proper operation of the network;
h. You will not try to harm Application in any way whatsoever;
i. You will not copy, or distribute the Application or other Company Content without written permission from Company;
j. You will keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification we provide you which allows access to the Application;
k. You will provide us with whatever proof of identity we may reasonably request;
l. You will only use an access point or 3G data account (AP) which you are authorized to use;
m. You will not use the Application with an incompatible or unauthorized device;
n. You will comply with all applicable law from your home nation, the country, state and/or city in which you are present while using the Application.
The Company reserves the right to immediately terminate use of the Application should you not comply with the any of the above rules.
1. CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP
Voltus works with Hirease to conduct stringent background checks, which all drivers must undergo and clear to partner with Voltus. This driver had a clean background check when he became an Voltus partner in October. Voltas maintains a zero tolerance policy for any alcohol and drug-related offenses on any background check with any partner nationwide, unlike, for example, the taxi industry in San Francisco, which permits drivers with DUIs and drug offenses.
Our Service is committed to providing our clients with reliable, punctual service, professional, experienced and drivers and a safe and comfortable touring service. Services are provided as detailed on this website. Please be sure to read all information on the tour pages as well as the Terms of Service below to have full understanding of the service you are reserving.
You will make payment in full to any taxi drivers introduced to you through us for any services provided by such driver to you (although you may choose to use the app to facilitate such payment). You shall be required to pay trip charges for taxi service to the Service Provider and the rates of can be found on the Website and Mobile Application of the Company. The Trip charges shall be updated or amended from time to time and it shall be your responsibility to remain informed about the current trip charges for the taxi services. You agree that you will pay for all taxi services you purchase from the Service Provider either by way of cash or credit card. In the event the payment cannot be accepted through credit card / mobile application, you shall be required to pay the trip charges by way of Cash. Any payment made is non-refundable. At the end of the trip, we will facilitate for you to receive a copy of the invoice from the Service Provider on your registered e-mail account with the Company.
5. DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; INDEMNITY.
1. The information, recommendations provided to you on or through the Website, or the Application is for general information
purposes only and does not constitute advice. The Company will reasonably keep the Website and the Application and its
contents correct and up to date but does not guarantee that (the contents of) the Website and/or Application are free of errors,
defects, malware and viruses or that the Website and/or Application are correct, up to date and accurate.
2. The Company shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use of or inability to use the Website or Application (but to the exclusion of death or personal injury), including damages caused by malware, viruses or any incorrectness or incompleteness of the Information or the Website or Application, unless such damage is the result of any willful misconduct or from gross negligence on the part of the Company.
3. The Company shall further not be liable for damages resulting from the use of (or the inability to use) electronic means of communication with the Website or the Application, including – but not limited to – damages resulting from failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
4. The quality of the taxi services requested through the use of the Application or the Service is entirely the responsibility of the Service Provider who ultimately provides such taxi services to you. The Company under no circumstance accepts liability in connection with and/or arising from the taxi services provided by the Service Provider or any acts, action, behavior, conduct, and/or negligence on the part of the Service Provider. Any complaints about the taxi services provided by the Service Provider should therefore be submitted to the Service Provider.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If you lodge a dispute with the TSC, the TSC will:
- Encourage disputes to be resolved (where possible) among parties involved in the first instance
- Allow all parties the right of reply
- Be transparent by keeping all parties informed of the progress of their disputes throughout the process.
The TSC will assess the nature of the dispute and decide whether to:
- Provide preliminary assistance or compliance action
- Take compliance action, which may include issuing an Improvement Notice or taking disciplinary action against a person's accreditation.
If a taxi operator is found to have breached an implied condition (such as the 45/55 per cent operator/driver fare box split), the TSC may issue an Improvement Notice to the operator. The Improvement Notice will outline the grounds for concern and allow the operator 14 days to comply. Failure to comply with the Improvement Notice may result in a fine of $738 and further compliance action. If either party is found to have breached an implied condition, the TSC may also consider taking disciplinary action against that party's accreditation.
7. OTHER PROVISIONS
If you wish to make a complaint about Taxi's privacy practices we request that you first contact the Privacy Officer with the details of your complaint. Our taxi undertakes that your complaint will be investigated diligently and our response provided to you as soon as reasonably practicable.